PHP Developer position available at Avior Capital Markets in our Sandton, Johannesburg Office.
Avior Capital Markets is an independent, globally recognised capital markets research and trading firm. We provide in-depth and insightful research in a broad range of equities, as well as fixed income and derivatives in South Africa and Sub-Sahara Africa. Our trading services offer both high touch and electronic access to over 200 institutional clients, providing them with access to 31 equities markets. Our derivative and fixed-income team is recognised as best-in-class. Other services include corporate broking, scrip lending and custody management.
Avior is looking for a PHP developer to work within our Johannesburg office. If you enjoy coding, sharing ideas and problem solving, this opportunity is for you. You will be responsible for modifying, designing, creating, testing and deploying PHP business applications.
This position is well suited for a junior to intermediate level developer with relevant qualifications looking for a challenge and growth.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Candidates will work on a variety of applications and systems.
- Will be required to maintain, develop and enhance back office applications.
- Interfacing and integrations with various third party applications.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers.
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable PHP modules.
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenge.
- Maintain a good standard of coding and adhere to the same conventions as the rest of the team.
- Be willing to take ownership of projects and to present your proposed solutions to the wider team to non-technical staff.
- Ability to perform effectively to tight deadlines, work well both independently and as part of a team.
Travel to all offices when required.
Formal Education required
- Grade 12 / Matric certificate.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Computer Science or equivalent.
1. Technical expertise/ Knowledge:
1.2. SQL database experience.
1.3. TCP/IP experience.
1.4. Exposure to the Atlassian tool suite (Jira, Confluence) is advantageous.
1.5. Networking skills.
1.6. Strong organizational and planning skills.
1.7. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
1.8. Proficiency in MS Office.
1.9. Maintaining accurate records.
1.10. Excellent time management skills.
1.11. Problem solving skills and being resourceful.
1.12. Ability to multi-task and prioritize work
1.13. Strong analytical skills
2.1. Ability to work in high-pressured environment
2.2. Presentable and professional
2.3. Attention to detail
2.4. Strong character
2.5. Supportive and willingness to help
2.6. Taking initiative
2.8. Team player
Preferably prior work experience of 1-3 years.