Avior Capital Markets (Pty) Limited is classified as a Financial Services Charter Generic Enterprise under the DTI guidelines (80% recognition). Avior has a total score of 23.38 which makes it a non-compliant contributor as at 4 October 2018, under the amended Financial Sector Codes (2017). Avior was previously a Level-5 contributor under the previous codes and 2016 assessment.
Avior has actively engaged in meaningful transformation since the business was started in 2005:
- Avior embraces the importance of Broad-based Black economic Empowerment (B-BBEE) both from an ethical, social and business perspective.
- We therefore strive to implement strategies that embrace the requirements and ‘spirit’ of B-BBEE, namely employing members of designated groups, incorporating training and adopting development initiatives.
- The business therefore will undertake a renewed focus to ensure alignment with this ethos and commits to achieving a Level- 6/7 contributor rating within the next two years, with subsequent improvements thereafter.
- To this end Avior is currently engaging with external consultants to ensure the appropriate measures are identified and taken.
Avior currently makes meaningful contributions to transformation in South Africa and the industry through the following initiates:
- Equity analyst internship and graduate programmes.
- Active support of Tsiba College which provides first class tertiary education in Entrepreneurial Leadership.
- Sponsorship of two disabled black African females who are attending the LFP Group’s training programmes.
- Financial assistance to the ASISA Enterprise and Social Development Fund.