Environmental Social and Governance analyst position available at Avior Capital Markets.
Avior Capital Markets is an independent, globally recognised capital markets research and trading firm. We provide in-depth and insightful research in a broad range of equities, as well as fixed income and derivatives in South Africa and Sub-Sahara Africa. Our trading services offer both high touch and electronic access to over 200 institutional clients, providing them with access to 31 equities markets. Our derivative and fixed-income team is recognised as best-in-class. Other services include corporate broking, scrip lending and custody management.
A career opportunity for an individual who is seeking a chance to build a career within the financial services industry; and work in a stimulating environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Maintain a Corporate Governance database (numerical remuneration and related director information)
2. Assist analysts in creating relevant ESG charts and related thematic reports etc.
3. Represent the company image by interacting with corporates and clients professionally, through various mediums of communication (telephone, email, events, etc.)
4. Organize, schedule and attend corporate governance events
5. Be prepared to do ad hoc client bespoke ESG projects
6. Assist in editing and completing Proxy voting and ESG reports
Travel to all offices when required, to both the Johannesburg and Cape Town office.
Formal Education required
1. Grade 12 / Matric certificate
2. Relevant tertiary qualification (BComm.)
1. Technical expertise/ Knowledge:
1.1. Networking skills
1.2. Strong organisational and planning skills
1.3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
1.4. Proficiency in MS Office
1.5. Maintaining accurate records
1.6. Excellent time management skills
1.7. Problem solving skills and being resourceful
1.8. Ability to multi-task and prioritise work
1.9. Strong analytical skills
2.1. Ability to work in high-pressured environment
2.2. Presentable and professional
2.3. Attention to detail
2.4. Strong character
2.5. Supportive and willingness to help
2.6. Taking initiative
2.7. Driven to build a career within the industry
2.9. Team player
Preferably prior exposure to corporate governance and environmental/social issues