Avior Capital Markets is an independent, globally recognised capital markets research and trading firm. We provide in-depth and insightful research in a broad range of equities, as well as fixed income and derivatives in South Africa and Sub-Sahara Africa. Our trading services offer both high touch and electronic access to over 200 institutional clients, providing them with access to 31 equities markets. Our derivative and fixed-income team is recognised as best-in-class. Other services include corporate broking, scrip lending and custody management.
A career opportunity for a newly qualified economist (undergraduate with honours and or masters) OR an economist with one to three years of relevant macroeconomic research and modelling experience. Individual who is seeking a chance to build a career within the financial services industry; and work in a stimulating environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Prepare predictive models for key SA and global macroeconomic data points.
2. Analyse global macro trends and assess their impact on asset classes.
3. Prepare written economic research with relevance to SA equities and bonds.
4. Communicate and present research to clients.
5. Assist in the development of investment strategy research.
1. Travel, when required
2. Overtime, when required
Formal Education required
1. Grade 12 / Matric certificate
2. Relevant University qualification with consistent grades of 70% and above.
3. Completed or in the process of completing CFA level I to III.
1. Technical expertise/ Knowledge:
1.1. Confident to communicate research in written and oral form to an experienced audience of professional economists and investors
1.2. Strong organisational and planning skills
1.3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
1.4. Proficiency in MS Office
1.5. Problem solving skills and being resourceful
1.6. Ability to multi-task and prioritise work
1.7. Passionate about investing and stock markets
1.8. Good quantitative skills, and excel modelling (VBA etc.)
2.1. Ability to work in high-pressured environment
2.2. Presentable and professional
2.3. Attention to detail
2.4. Strong character
2.5. Supportive and willingness to help
2.6. Team oriented individual who enjoys collaborating with colleagues
2.7. Passionate about investing and stock markets and driven to build a career within the industry
2.8. Self-motivated and proactive
2.9. Eager to learn and challenge himself daily
One two three years of relevant macroeconomic research and modelling experience would be advantageous.