Avior Capital Markets is an independent, globally recognised capital markets research and trading firm. We provide in-depth and insightful research in a broad range of equities, as well as fixed income and derivatives in South Africa and Sub-Sahara Africa. Our trading services offer both high touch and electronic access to over 200 institutional clients, providing them with access to 31 equities markets. Our derivative and fixed-income team is recognised as best-in-class. Other services include corporate broking, scrip lending and custody management.
A career opportunity for an individual who is seeking a chance to build a career within the financial services industry; and work in a stimulating environment. Requiring to provide high levels of support on a diverse range of duties, in the form of clerical, project-based and client relational type of tasks, this position involves a high-level of responsibility and works directly with the Corporate Finance Specialist.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Serve as assistant to the Corporate Finance Specialist, in a variety of duties, linked to any and all of the aspects of business that requires involvement.
2. Act as an intermediary between the Corporate Finance Specialist and corporates and clients.
3. Represent the company image by interacting with corporates and clients professionally, through various mediums of communication (telephone, email, events, etc.)
4. Organize, schedule and attend corporate and client meetings.
5. Organize corporate access events.
6. Provide support when corporate and client functions take place.
7. Coordinate with relevant stakeholders to ensure delivery of instructions received.
8. Manage relationships with service providers, other business units etc.
9. Maintain Corporate database.
1. Travel, when required
2. Overtime, when required
Formal Education required
1. Grade 12 / Matric certificate
2. Relevant tertiary qualification
1. Technical expertise/ Knowledge:
1.1. Client networking skills
1.2. Strong organisational and planning skills
1.3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
1.4. Proficiency in MS Office
1.5. Maintaining accurate records
1.6. Excellent time management skills
1.7. Problem solving skills and being resourceful
1.8. Ability to multi-task and prioritise work
2.1. Ability to work in high-pressured environment
2.2. Presentable and professional
2.3. Attention to detail
2.4. Strong character
2.5. Supportive and willingness to help
2.6. Taking initiative
2.7. Driven to build a career within the industry
Two to five years’ experience in an assistant/secretarial role, within the financial industry (preferably) or at a big corporate company.