The Financial Mail’ annual Top Analyst Awards took place on Wednesday. Celebrating outstanding excellence in the financial industry, Avior Capital Markets again showed a stellar performance. Avior as a company moved up one position and is now rated 5th overall for Research Firms in South Africa (3rd on an un-weighted basis). Peers ranked against included the likes of SBG Securities, UBS, Deutsche, JP Morgan and RMB Morgan Stanley.
Winning analysts included Richard Tessendorf and Kevin Mattison in the Media sector, Wade Napier for Forestry & Paper, Naeem Tilly & Adrian Jardine in the Real Estate sector, Harry Botha & Romy Sandler for General Financials, Mark Hodgson, David Levinson & Team for Corporate Governance and Petrus Bosman for Risk Management.
Gareth Visser ranked number 2 and Roelof Brand ranked number 3 in the Young Analyst Award category for equities.
Other rankings include
- Computers & Electronics – Roelof Brand (#2)
- Corporate governance – Mark Hodgson, David Levinson & Team (#1)
- Credit Analysis – Rene Prinsloo & Petrus Bosman (#6)
- Derivatives – Petrus Bosman & Shivaan Gurayah (#6)
- Diversified Industrials – Mark Hodgson (#4)
- Financial & Industrial small & med caps – Roelof Brand (#2)
- Fixed Interest securities – Rene Prinsloo & Petrus Bosman (#6)
- Food Producers – Jiten Bechoo (#2)
- Forestry and Paper – Wade Napier (#1)
- General Financials – Harry Botha & Romy Sandler (#1)
- Hospitals & Pharmaceuticals – Andre Bekker (#6)
- Hotels, Travel & Leisure – De Wet Schutte & Robyn Turner (#2)
- Household good retailers – Mark Hodgson (#4)
- Investment Companies – Richard Tessendorf, Atiyyah Vawda & De Wet Schutte (#2)
- Industrial Metals – Wade Napier (#5)
- Media – Kevin Mattison & Richard Tessendorf (#1)
- Oil and chemicals – David Lerche (#6)
- Quantitative Analysis – Petrus Bosman & Dan Golding (#4)
- Real Estate – Naeem Tilly & Adrian Jardine (#1)
- Risk Management – Petrus Bosman (#1)
- Young Analyst Award (Equities) – Gareth Visser (#2), Roelof Brand (#3)
Under the sector team rankings Avior was ranked 4th for Administration (1st on an un-weighted basis), 3rd for Corporate Access (1st on an un-weighted basis) and 10th for Trading (4th on an un-weighted basis).
Congratulations to all of the team members and support staff who made this performance possible.