The Financial Mail’ annual Top Analyst Awards took place at the Inanda Club in Sandton yesterday. Celebrating outstanding excellence in the financial industry, Avior Capital Markets again showed a stellar performance. Avior as a company was rated 6th overall for Research Firms in South Africa (4th on an un-weighted basis). Peers ranked against included the likes of UBS, Deutsche, JP Morgan and RMB Morgan Stanley.
Winning analysts included Richard Tessendorf and Kevin Mattison in the Media sector, Roelof Brand in the Computer Services sector, Naeem Tilly & Adrian Jardine in the Real Estate sector and Mark Hodgson & Team for Corporate Governance. Matthew Shields ranked number 2 in the new Young Analyst Award category for non-equities.
Other rankings included:
- Sean Ungerer and Wade Napier – 2nd in Forestry and Paper
- De Wet Schutte – 2nd in Hotels, Travel and Leisure
- Richard Tessendorf – 2nd in Investment Companies
- Harry Botha and Bjorn Zietsman – 2nd in General Financials
- Roelof Brand – 3rd in Electronic & Electrical Equipment
- Petrus Bosman – 3rd for Derivatives
- Sean Ungerer and David Lerche – 4th in Oil and Chemicals
- Jiten Bechoo – 5th in Food Producers
Under the sector team rankings Avior was ranked 5th for Administration and 6th for Corporate Access.
Congratulations to all of the team members and support staff who made this performance possible.